Sunday, March 25, 2012

Best Body Bootcamp - Week 3 Recap

Week three was overall a really good week.  Late this week, I finally felt like I was starting to see the effects of bootcamp on my body, and it feels really great! If I am starting to see it just three weeks in, I can't wait to see how I look (and feel) at the end of this. Next week will be more of a challenge though. I will be on the road for work all week, but I am going to do my best to make reasonably healthy food choices as well as try and fit in mini-workouts where I can. 



Week three's goals:


Goal 1: Eat at least one serving of fruit or vegetables with every meal
Goal 2: Take my vitamins every day


I did very well on both of my goals this week! I ate fruit and/or veggies at (almost) every meal. Thursday was my only 'bad' day. I was exhausted, and while not an excuse, I did fall asleep around 8:30 PM and it was still daylight when I got in bed! 



And here are how my workouts for the week went. Not quite as planned (it never is!), but still a great week.

Monday: cardio + lower body strength training circuits (this felt awful and great at the same time)
Tuesday: 20 minute jog + 10 minute walk + core work (another great run!)
Wednesday: 40 minute mixed intervals (I hate the treadmill, but I did it)
Thursday: unplanned rest day
Friday: cardio + upper body strength training (can't wait for the sculpted arms to come out!)
Saturday: full body strength training + Crunch abs DVD
Sunday: planned rest day


I am not going to plan any specific workouts for week 4, but I am going to squeeze in a workout wherever I can and hopefully I can get 5 days of workouts in. Even if it is a quick Pilates DVD, or another workout from Netflix. Not sure what the gym situation will be like at the hotels...


Have you ever checked out all of the workout selections on Netflix? So awesome to have when you are traveling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...