Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Chi-town here I come? The short version.

Long story short:
This morning right before I was supposed to head to work, I got a call from Newell Rubbermaid. Offering me a job. In Chicago. In sourcing.

The back story: I had a job offer from Target (from my internship) and from Newell Rubbermaid. I accepted the NR offer, and a few months later they rescinded it due to the economy.

I think I might have my job back, but I will learn more tomorrow. I think I have to take it and just do my MBA slowly online. How can I turn down an opportunity like this?! I would get to live in Chicago for a YEAR! Brr.

More details to come later...

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Let me know how everything turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My that is awesome! Do it now!! I always regreted not living and working in a big city when I had the chance. And umm you interned at Target!!...write some posts about that! All the girls (and most guys) I know LOVE Target and I would love an inside peek at their operations!

    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Katie! Chicago is an awesome town. You will love it! If I were you, I would try to get something in writing from NR that compensates you in some way in the event they rescind their offer again. They might not go for it, but you can certainly try. Good Luck and keep us posted! I enjoy reading your blog. We still need to hear the stories of the funny people on the train from Baltimore.

    Love,
    Aunt Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, lucky!!! I've always wanted to go to Chicago!

    ReplyDelete

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...