Monday, February 27, 2012

Not 5k ready

Last week, I had a realization: I had to run a 5K in about a week, and I had not run in about 2 and a half weeks. That stretch of not running started out with an epic 5-day migraine, and then I just got lazy. I did some pilates and eliptical-ing here and there, but I had no urge to run whatsoever. And, I still don't... 

But I have a 5K to run on Saturday. 3.1 miles. I hope I can run the entire time - if not, I am reminding myself that it won't be the end of the world. I tried running 2 miles on Thursday. It sucked, and my heart just wasn't in it. I had grand plans of going running again this weekend, but I was traveling and of course that didn't happen.

I was majorly craving pizza all weekend, so I went and picked up a calzone last night. My compromise was to walk the long way there and back to pick it up. That was my exercise this weekend!



So, here is my mini-training plan - making the commitment here, so hopefully I stick to it this week!

Monday: Eliptical (lunch) + pilates (after work)
Tuesday: 2.5 mile run
Wednesday: Eliptical (lunch)
Thursday: 3 mile run
Friday: Pilates (after work) + maybe walking
Saturday: 5K



Next Monday I start Best Body Bootcamp and am really excited!!! 8 weeks of accountability and a workout plan created for me. I am really looking forward to incorporating more strength training, and I really hope to  see results from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...