Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Patty's Day

I don't usually celebrate St. Patrick's Day. This year things were a little different. I had some guests coming in to town, and we had to celebrate in style. How did we choose to celebrate, you may ask? Well naturally, by participating in the world's largest bar crawl. Duh.


It happened to be taking place in uptown Charlotte, so the convenience factor definitely played in to our choice to celebrate this way. Also we got shirts and coozies. How could you pass that up?

The day started innocently enough. Sehar and I had to make a Target run, so we decided to make the most of the nice morning and walk there! About 5 miles later, we ended up back at my apartment. We took the long way around, and the only thing we actually left Target with was an Iced Passion Tea from Starbucks, but that is neither here nor there. By the time we got back, it was time to start showering and getting ready for the bar crawl (that started at noon, by the way.)

We finally made our way there by cramming ourselves on to a completely full light rail car, and by the time we got to Dixie's Tavern, we were all very familiar with our light rail neighbors.


The bar crawl started at Dixie's. They corralled all of the participants in to a fenced off parking lot (above), which actually worked out quite well. It was a good place to meet up with our friends, and they had plenty of outdoor bars set up where you could get your Bud Light on.


I saw this on Facebook - an aerial shot of the 'holding area' 

At 3 PM, the masses began the crawl portion of the bar crawl. We made our way to Fox & Hound and got super lucky in grabbing a table outside, so we could get a good view of all the action, and we had a waitress so we could easily order food. And more Bud Light of course. Because of our amazing table, we hung out here for a while.

Then it was time to head to the next bar. We headed to Howl at the Moon (because I love piano bars). We lucked out again and got a table there, and started ordering what I like to call 'booze bowls.' Good times were had by all... let the photo shoot begin.... I warned you...












By the time we left Howl at the Moon, it was really time for me to go home. I was in bed by 10 PM - I would call that a successful bar crawl, even though we really only made it to three places. Oh welllll! All in all it was a very fun day drinking event and I had a great time with Courtney, Jess, and Sehar! These pics and more can be found here for your viewing pleasure.

Me, Sehar, Jess, Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...