Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Yellowfin Tuna Pasta

Can you believe it is already Wednesday? Has anyone else's week flown by? It is really making a difference that work is so busy now. The day goes by quickly and I only find myself staring at the clock to make sure that I am on time for meetings! Even that hasn't gone so well this week, and I am not a 'late' person.

I am glad it is going quickly because this weekend coming up is the Raleigh Beer Festival, and I am going home for it. Another Amtrak trip... I'm becoming a frequent rider!

On to the real reason you visited this post... were you lured in and intrigued by the title of this post?



So, you know how sometimes the cooking stars just all align, and you are able to make something amazing out of what you have in your kitchen? Ok, the farmshare does help... I concocted a creation last night that (in my opinion) was totally restaurant quality, but so simple! It felt like an episode of Chopped in my kitchen, but with no pressure, other than my stomach growling. NBD.

This could be considered 'high' in calories - but it was a large portion and really kept me full. Also, something like this in a restaurant would be SUPER full of sodium and much more oil and butter. Let's be real here...

Yellowfin Tuna Pasta


Ingredients:

2 servings of fresh (or dried) fettucini noodles - I used herbed
1-ish cup of fresh spinach
1-ish cup of swiss chard, torn roughly
2 tsp olive oil
2 tablespoons butter - I used smart balance light
Fresh oregano, chopped
Salt and pepper
1 packet Starkist Yellowfin Tuna in olive oil
4 tsp grated parmesan cheese

Instructions:

Boil pasta. While pasta is boiling, put spinach and swiss chard in to colander. When pasta is done, drain pasta over spinach and swiss chard.

Return pasta and veggies to the pot. Add olive oil and butter. Let melt. Add in fresh oregano, salt, and pepper.

Serve in two bowl - top with half of the packet of tuna and 2 teaspoons of grated parmesan cheese.

Serves two.

Calories: 511, Fat: 20, Carbs: 59, Protein: 24, Fiber: 1, Sodium: 348



This seriously was so delicious. It reheated very well for lunch today, as well. Buying the tuna in the packet was not quite as good as fresh, but it had a nice lemon-y tang to it - and allowed me to add some extra protein for a really low cost.

Please let me know if you try this out, or if this inspired you to try something new in the kitchen!!! What have you thrown together lately that turned out well (or not so well)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...