Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lucky

Today, I was reminded how lucky I really am. I have a tendency to... be pessimistic about things. That's putting it gently. I have a lot to be thankful for.

As my family knows, I was miss pissy-pants while I was home this weekend. Completely unnecessary, but I was just in a mood. And when I get in a mood... watch out! (Sorry, Dad.) For some reason, today things just clicked. Nothing in particular happened. I just had (dare I say it?) a good day.

Warning: this post is a little sappy, but I wanted to write it while I was feeling this way, so when I turn in to miss pissy-pants again, I can remember how lucky I am.



I have a flexible job, a hilarious boss, and through my job, I have made some wonderful friends. Friends that I know will always be there for me, and friends that always, always listen to me... no matter the topic. I got to reunite with a dear friend of mine tonight. A friend that I made when I lived in Tennessee, and now we live close to each other once again! And I have some of my best friends from middle and high school coming this weekend as well as one of my wonderful work friends. I am grateful to live somewhere that I can easily get home when I want, and people can easily come visit me.

I have a gorgeous apartment and a great neighborhood. I complain about moving so much, but I have always been blessed and very lucky with the apartments where I have lived. I may not have loved the cities, but I have loved my apartments. Moving every year has taught me many lessons, one of which is how to tolerate change. I'll never love change, or even enjoy it, but I can finally see the good in it.

I am healthy.

In general, I have it pretty good. My life might not be perfect, but whose really is? I have a lot of people who love me, and that is all that really matters.


I have these people. A family that loves and cares about me, and has an open door for me anytime that I want to come home. A mom who I can call up and talk about truly everything, even though I know she thinks I'm crazy. A dad who is always happy, but becomes even happier when both of his kids are home. One that will do literally anything for me, and always takes car of my car: a task that I am just not as skilled at. A 'little' brother who has grown up to be a wonderful young man who values my advice, and I am flattered every time he asks me for it. 


A family that will take me to Las Vegas for my 24th birthday, and despite flight delays... arrive at 1 AM ready to have the best time of our lives. 



I have the best family in the whole world. 

Ok, I'm done being uncharacteristically sappy. Thanks for listening, if you made it this far. Back to Real Housewives of New Jersey I go... 

What are you most thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...