Thursday, November 17, 2011

Black Bean Salsa

Inspired by my friend Betsy, I made some black bean salsa for my girls weekend with Stephany. It was a hit!! Here is Betsy's recipe. I adapted it slightly. It is easy to adapt to fit what you have in the pantry. 


One ingredient left out of this picture, is a few splashes of red wine vinegar. It was a last minute addition based on a post-mix taste test.

Ingredients:
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained and rinsed (I used fiesta corn with red and green peppers in the mix)
1 small can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
1 tablespoon canola oil
Few dashes of red wine vinegar - to taste

Seasonings - a few dashes of each of the following:
Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle 
Cayenne Pepper
Onion Powder
Cumin
Cilantro
Salt 

Mix all ingredients together. It is that simple. It is best served after chilling for a few hours, but you can also just dig right in with some Muligrain Tostito's (like I did). Makes 8 generous servings.

Calories: 94, Carbs: 18, Fat: 2, Protein: 4


You could eat this black bean salsa as a side salad to go with a delicious Mexican dish, serve with tortilla chips, mix in to rice for a Spanish flair, or my favorite way to eat it: stir in to egg beaters and top with salsa and sour cream.

Thank you, Betsy for inspiring me to make black bean salsa too!!!

1 comment:

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...