Monday, November 7, 2011

Legs, legs, legs

I used to hate my legs. Key word: used to. I used to think my thighs were fat, my calves were bulky, and my ankles were bloated. Bloated? Can ankles even get bloated? I have always been very self-conscious about my legs, more so than any other body part.

Well, things have changed. My legs can take me many places. They took me on my first 5K on October 1st. They took me running 5 miles on Sunday afternoon. In case you forgot, I did not start running until August of this year, and prior to September, I couldn't even run one mile. I still don't understand how people can be 'natural' runners, and running just comes easy to them. But I do have to say, this 5 miles was easier to do than the 2 I tried to do last Thursday. All of the stars aligned for me. Since this is the longest distance I have ever run, I am going to rest tomorrow and pick back up again on Tuesday (2.5 miles are planned).


My thighs may be round (I'm working on getting over this one...), but my calves are lean, and my ankles are strong. My legs take me running and make me feel strong and powerful. I used to hate my legs, but I don't anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...