Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Dinners

A food pictorial of our many Christmas Dinner Celebrations.  Since I spent a good portion of my Christmas Vacation shoveling food in to my mouth, I figured why not devote a blog post to the most delicious meals of the vacation.



Christmas Eve-Eve was spent at Ruth's Chris.



I dined on butternut squash soup (with fresh lump crab meat, so good!) and my favorite: ahi tuna salad. And of course, enjoyed the company of my family.

 Mom and Jonathan

Me and Dad



Christmas Eve was spent at church, then we came home and made pizzas!


Mine is an individual on Trader Joe's whole wheat crust and fresh sauce, brick cheese, fresh Kielbasa, and green olives. So delicious!!



Christmas Dinner was a British Feast that came from Tyler Florence and the Neely's! Prime rib with horseradish rub, yorkshire pudding, and scalloped potatoes.

 Prime Rib: Before

 Prime Rib: After

 Yorkshire Pudding

 Scalloped Potatoes

Casual Christmas Table this year - not in the dining room, but not in front of the TV :-p 

This meal qualifies as 'comfort food' but not healthy! So worth it though. Everything I have eaten this vacation has been delicious, and the treats are not yet over! Party tonight at the neighbor's house, then off to the Outer Banks tomorrow to enjoy New Year's Eve at the beach (and a yummy dinner out). While I am enjoying this period of over-indulgence, my pants certainly are not - and I am ready to get back to my usual routine on January 3rd when I get back to work (and tracking my meals and working out!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...