Thursday, December 1, 2011

Viva Las Vegas - Part V

Friday: Last full day in Las Vegas and we needed to make the most of it!!

First things first - back to the Imperial Palace for breakfast at the Hash House A-Go-Go. It was amazing but a legitimately ridiculous amount of food... I think they should put one in Charlotte!


I got the smoked salmon, brie, tomato, and pesto scramble. It came with a side of fruit (ha, why bother), a biscuit, and some mashed potatoes. I made a pretty good dent in this plate, but felt so full that I blacked out. I think my parents may have rolled me back to The Flamingo for a nap.

Please note: I did not black out from being so full, I blacked out from the 14 bloody mary's and 3 Long Island iced tea's I had with brunch.

Second note: just kidding. I did not black out nor was there room for ANY alcohol on Friday. I think I was full the entire day... yet I just kept eating... Funny how that goes.

Of course, I wanted to wander around Las Vegas some more and see the hotels that we hadn't seen yet. One on my list was the Aria - a little bit off the strip but the hotel looks so cool from the outside. So. Many. Hotel. Rooms. We stumbled across this chocolate/french pastry shop in the Aria. They had the most beautiful display of chocolates - each one was $2. Way too expensive and way too pretty to actually eat...


I got dressed in my Las Vegas sparkly finest for the last time this year ;-) and we went out exploring again! Jonathan and I really wanted to see the Wynn and the Encore.  These were two of the most elegant hotels I have ever been in! Absolutely beautiful. There were these two gorgeous Asian girls in very expensive clothing taking pictures in the lobby - in my mind, I decided they were princesses! I saw real princesses! Hehe.



While at the Encore, I got some sushi to-go at Wazuzu - Hungry Girl recommended it as the best sushi she has ever eaten. While I don't take all of her recommendations so seriously because she likes processed foods far more than I do, I couldn't let this opportunity slip by without trying some of their sushi. I got my usual order of a yellowtail scallion roll. This was probably the best sushi I have ever had - it was all about the rice! So so good. No pictures, it was all mangled in the to-go box by the time my mom found me a good spot on the strip to chow down.

I ate the sushi while watching the Treasure Island Pirate show (again.) While no one seemed to like it the first time around (except for me!), everyone seemed to enjoy it this time. Probably because we were all sitting down on the other side of the street, and not in the middle of the crowd. Then we watched the Volcanoes at The Mirage from across the street at the Venetian! A great spot to catch the show - it was not as awesome as the Pirates or the Fountains at the Bellagio.


We closed out the night with watching 2 of the fountain shows at the Bellagio! The more I watched them, the more I enjoyed them. See below for a video of 'Santa Baby' that I took! Sorry that this it is sideways - I am not sure if I can even flip videos I take with my phone? Had I known, I would have taken it the 'right' way. Any tips on this would be greatly appreciated!!



At this point, I was exhausted and it was time for bed! I wish I would have been more well-rested (or highly caffeinated) the entire time I was in Las Vegas.... but there's always next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...