Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

2011 has been a busy year for me. I moved to Charlotte, I started a new job, completed grad school, and recommitted to my weight loss efforts.

I am looking forward to what 2012 has to offer. Hopefully bringing some exciting changes at work, traveling and visiting friends and family, and continuing my weight loss journey. No more moving, and no more school! Thank goodness!!

Here are some of my new year's resolutions, and I am hoping that committing to these in writing and to the blog community will help me stick to them!



Weight Loss
  • Get down to my goal weight by the end of April - after the holidays, I am sure I have at least 15 lbs to lose now. Darn Christmas cookies.  
  • For the month of January: only eat out for lunch once per week and dinner twice per week. 
  • Oh, and stay away from alcohol as possible. Exception for January: MLK Weekend in DC. 
  • Cook more fresh and healthy foods! Invest in produce every week and get better at meal planning.
  • Clean out my freezer by supplementing fresh foods with meals I have in my freezer. 

Exercise
  • Train for and run at least one half marathon (hopefully 2: one in July, and one in December)
  • Take a Pilates class at the gym
  • Learn how to strength train at the gym and at home to supplement my running efforts
  • Instead of going out to lunch, go to the gym!
  • Run at least 3 times per week (once on the weekends!)
  • Create a monthly workout schedule for January and stick to it! Continue this in to Feb, March, and April. 

Professional
  • Become an expert in sourcing marketing and communications spend at work
  • Take more training classes to complement my professional development

Blog-related
  • Start a food-related blog project once I reach my goal weight
  • Make something at least once a month off of Pinterest to feature on my blog



Once I make it to my goal weight, I plan to revisit these resolutions and check on my progress. Hopefully you will be seeing these again in April, just in time for bathing suit season to begin in NC.

I will be ringing in the new year at the beach! My favorite place in the whole world to be. 

Here's to hoping 2012 is an exciting year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...