Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mid January check-in

I am going to keep on keepin' on with these check-in posts. They are helping me stay accountable to my goals, even if I don't keep with them 100%.

I fell off the bandwagon this weekend with my half-marathon training. It was just too cold in Washington DC to spend more than 10 minutes outside. In all reality, I have only skipped two days - and substituted today's workout. I was supposed to run 3.5 miles. It was really windy outside and I didn't feel like dealing with that... so I walked 4 miles on the treadmill in 60 minutes. I felt like that was a good compromise. Then I rewarded myself with sushi with my friend Kristen - I hadn't seen her since before the holidays, so it was wonderful to catch up.

Also, this place has such. cheap. sushi. I'm talking $6 for 12 pieces... and average-sized pieces too. It was legit. It has been a few hours, and I am still alive. It is only about 2 miles from my apartment. Hello, takeout. I can afford sushi on the reg if it is as cheap as going through the McDonald's drive through.

I have a date tomorrow - I had to take a one week hiatus. Back at it this week though. Next week I am stepping out of my comfort zone and going to an after-work social event with work people my own age. I feel like that counts... right? Maybe? Or maybe I will have a second date!

Food-wise... I am pretty successfully avoiding going out to lunches this week. My only lunch outing is planned for Thursday. I will be eating in for dinner Thursday and Friday nights. Then Saturday I am going to Greensboro to meet my friend Casey! And her husband Brent... who is also my friend. Casey and I are getting haircuts and having girl-time. I can't wait!!! It is a good halfway point to meet for the day.

Thursday night is the Miranda Lambert concert. Another exciting event that I absolutely cannot wait for. I have been listening to her new CD non-stop in anticipation. If you haven't heard it yet, listen to Four the Record. My favorite songs: Over You, Fine Tune, and Safe. Seriously... Go, right now to Spotify.

Life has been so busy lately. I have no idea how I did it when I was in school. I guess I am just filling my time with different things. I think it took me a record 24 hours from arriving home from my trip to unpack my suitcase completely. Usually this is completed within an hour of walking through the door... I am also playing catch-up with my DVR. Ready for a relaxing Friday night in, where it is warm!

Looking forward to the week ahead, and so thankful that it is already Wednesday... and that I have so many great things to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...