Friday, October 21, 2011

10 Personal Questions

Here goes a few personal questions, borrowed from Caitlin over at Healthy Tipping Point.



What do you have on your bedside table?

A lamp, a coaster, candles, cell phones, a basket full of medicine like Excedrin PM, Melatonin, and my vitamins, remotes for the TV and DVR, my kindle, chap stick, hand cream and gloves.




Do you have a tattoo?

No, but I want one. John Mayer/Jimi Hendrix song lyrics. It is just a reminder to be 'Bold as Love' which I think is a powerful statement that can be interpreted in many ways. I want the tattoo on my foot, or my right hip. I would love to have it on my wrist, but it would be too hard to cover up in work situations. I have 10 more lbs to lose, and it might just be my weight loss reward! I have wanted this tattoo for years now, so I know it is not something that I would regret.




What is your worst habit?

Picking my cuticles. Recently, I have been to the dermatologist and found out I have a type of dermatitis on my hands - went on a topical steroid and my hands healed right up! I haven't 'picked' in about a month... I used to be a nail biter, but I now get gel polish manicures so my natural nails stay long and look pretty.

I think my worst habit right now would be talking with my mouth full - sometimes I just get so excited to talk, I forget that I am eating!!! Super rude, I know. Oh, and I eat wayyy too fast. I am actively working on this one. Must. Eat. Slower.



If you could change your name, what would you change it to?

Funny story: when I was little, I wanted to change my name to Madonna and I seriously asked my mom how to do it. I think that made her sad... I also get mistaken for a 'Jessica' a lot. I would definitely not change my name - I considered going by 'Kate' once I started in my professional career, but 'Katie' just suits me, and I can't imagine going by anything else.




Where do you want to go on your next vacation?

I want to go to some sort of epic island vacation once I graduate... I think I want to take a Caribbean cruise, because you get all-you-can-eat food and your hotel room floats with you from island to island!




Tell us something embarrassing about yourself.

I am super duper clumsy. I've had to stop bringing coffee to work in the morning because somehow it ends up all over me and my car. I've tripped over my own feet more times than I can count. And I bruise like a peach, with my clumsiness I have at least 4 bruises on my body at any given time... Most of the time I have no idea where they came from. I am just very uncoordinated. The sheer fact that I have been jogging for over 2 months and not fallen is a complete miracle. I have tripped, but caught myself. Not really embarrassing, but I am just a klutz.



What are you really good at? What are you really bad at?

I am really good at cooking (I think..), picking good restaurants, solving other people's problems, being a hostess, driving, maintaining friendships. I believe my biggest strength is my ability to read people and seeing through their b/s - most of the time I am dead on (however, I am better when I am one step removed from the person I am reading, and when the situation is not directly related to me).

I am really bad at being coordinated (see above) and with that comes participating in any athletic event. I am bad at being flexible too. Not having control over schedules and situations is difficult for me, and I don't tend to react well when things do not go my way.



Why did you attend your college?

It was close to home, they had a good business program, and I look really good in red. Go Wolfpack.




Describe your morning routine today.

This morning was not normal. I woke up, hit snooze at least 3 times (OK, that is normal). Got dressed and semi-presentable (TGIF and Jeans Day). Put the fixin's for my Turkey Pumpkin White Bean Chili in the crock pot and turned it on. Rushed out the door to leave for work. Realized I needed gas. Got gas. Finally made it to work.



Do people think you are younger or older than you actually are?

Everyone thinks I am younger than I actually am. I can't really help that I look like I am 16... apparently this will be good as I get older?! I am sure that it will be, but at the age of 23, it is really annoying when people think you are in high school.



There you go! Now maybe you know a little more about me... I challenge you to answer all (or some) of these personal questions in your blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...