Sunday, October 9, 2011

OATrageous Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Courtesy of Hungry Girl, I made some delicious chocolate chip pancakes this morning. Gasp! I followed a recipe?!


Ok so, they didn't turn out incredibly gorgeous, but they did taste very good. Note: these are very dense pancakes. If you are looking for a light and fluffy recipe, this is not the best choice. Also, I only had regular sized chocolate chips which probably upped the Points Plus values a bit, but I wanted the chocolat-y flavor.

You can find the recipe here! The newsletter recipe differs slightly from what I made (out of the 200 recipes under 200 cookbook). The only major difference is I swapped fat free milk for fat free vanilla yogurt.

I have made these pancakes before... which turned out a little prettier. I made one large pancake instead of several mini ones. And at 4 points plus, this recipe is a breakfast steal! And they definitely taste 'bad.'

Because they are so dense, you could whip these up the night before and re-heat in the morning for a delicious at-work breakfast, and I don't think you would know the difference! They definitely kept me full until lunch as well.. which is always a feat! Let me know if you end up trying these pancakes for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...