Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday Cooking Adventures

I have been a busy bee today. Aside from having a very long and somewhat challenging day at work... I got to leave at my regularly scheduled time of 4 PM and was so thankful that it is the weekend.

I have decided that Friday's are my favorite day of the week. Usually, the work day goes by quickly and I feel semi-fulfilled because of what I accomplish there. And now that Fall TV is back on, me and my TiVo have a lot of catching up to do by the time Friday rolls around.

This afternoon, I was inspired to do a longer workout than normal. I coincidentally wanted to go to the grocery store to pick up a few things for this weekend's cooking adventures. So, I decided to combine the two! Working out seems to go by much faster when I have a purpose. I jogged the 1.5 miles to Harris Teeter, loaded up (well, bought what I could stow away in a canvas shopping bag) and walked on my merry way back to my apartment - I decided to take the long(er) way around. There was a cool, crispness in the air and I really enjoyed my walkjog today. It also might have to do with my new (amazing) shoes. They deserve a dedicated post. Stay tuned.

I had an unfortunate hair tie emergency mid-jog. Note to self: always store a backup on your wrist. Whoops. My hair was too much for this hair tie. I did the best I could, but this was the result...


Oh well! At least I didn't trip and fall...



I mentioned I was a busy little bee - In the kitchen! I sliced, diced, boiled, baked, and slow cooked. All in all, it was a successful evening in the kitchen.


In the mini-Crock Pot: Crock Pot Applesauce courtesy of SkinnyTaste

I will let everyone know how this turns out tomorrow! It will be a nice accompaniment to my Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes in the AM. 1 point plus per serving!


In the Rubbermaid Glass: Tortellini and Tofu Soup recipe a la Katie!

This turned out delicious. This was my first time cooking with tofu, legit tofu, on my own. I bought super firm, already cubed. I am proud of my first adventure with tofu and can't wait to try cooking it again soon! 6 points plus per serving.


On the cooling rack: While the tortellini and tofu soup was on the stove, I whipped up some Pumpkin Softies. Hungry Girl sent out this recipe in her e-mail yesterday, and I knew immediately that I had to try making these (and I don't really bake...) They. Are. Heaven. I substituted chocolate chips instead of raisins (ew.) for no change in points plus values.

Check it out! The perfect nighttime snack. 3 points plus for the softie, two for the glass of skim milk.


How do you relax on a Friday night? Working out? Cooking? Eating? Watching TV? All of the above for me!!! I am ready to get in my freshly made bed, with clean sheets and watch Chopped or a bad Lifetime movie on demand. I hope everyone enjoys their evening as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...