Saturday, October 29, 2011

Lazy Saturday

As much as I love Friday, I also love Saturday. I get to sleep in (well, as much as sleeping in is these days...), and go to bed on Saturday night without waking up to an alarm the next morning. It is safe to say that I really just love weekends (don't we all...)

I woke up this morning and smelled something delicious! I remembered! I had crock pot applesauce ready for me this morning. I let it cook longer than the recipe called for, and the apples broke up easily with a fork and made a nice, chunky applesauce. A bit sweeter than I would normally like, so I would cut back on the brown sugar next time. I had already cut back from what the recipe called for. I got my apples in my farm share, so I am not sure what kind they were and they may have been sweeter than average.


I just knew that this was going to be the perfect complement to my pumpkin oatmeal pancakes (adapted from a Hungry Girl recipe). And so it was! The pancakes weren't super sweet, so they were the perfect contrast to the applesauce. I took a bite of the pancake and topped it with the applesauce. Yummy! I served the applesauce with a small dollop of cool whip, and the pancakes with a bit of light butter and some powdered sugar.


I hope you all enjoy your Saturday!!! I hope to accomplish a few things today, but not too much. It is a lazy Saturday after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...