Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes

I adapted this Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes recipe from Hungry Girl's OAT-rageous pancakes. I made this recipe a few weeks ago and blogged about it. While delicious, I really just love these Pumpkin Oatmeal Pancakes. Healthy, low in calories, and low in Weight Watchers points. These are also very hearty and will keep you satisfied until your next meal (always a challenge for me...)


3 tbsp oats
3 tbsp Egg Beaters
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
1 tbsp pumpkin puree
1 tbsp milk
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 Splenda Packet (or 1/2 tbsp sugar)
Dash of Salt


Combine all ingredients together and pour on to the griddle. Cook on medium heat for appx. 5 minutes on each side (you be the judge, they will get nice and golden when done) This makes a few 'mini' pancakes or one normal sized pancake. This recipe makes 1 serving for only 3 points plus! What a bargain!


I wanted these for breakfast all weekend, so I decided to go ahead and make a triple batch of the batter, and halve the batter to cook - one-half today, one-half tomorrow! This raises the points plus value to 5, but still a great value for a filling breakfast.


This morning, I topped the pancakes with a bit of light butter and powdered sugar, and served with a side of crock pot applesauce.


What are your favorite Fall breakfast recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...