Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Spice - a homemade blend!

Yesterday, I slightly panicked looking for this little guy at Target. Of course, it is the peak of Fall season and they were out! With a price tag of $4.79, I am surprised anyone buys this little tub of goodness...


Of course, I almost did. Now on to the rest of the story:

So many of my Fall recipes are calling for pumpkin pie spice to kick up the flavor level. I couldn't find it in the store! What's a girl to do?!

Just look at that horrible posture.


Well, a resourceful gal like me, I'll tell you what I do: I turn to Google to answer all of my questions...duh.

It turns out in my pantry, I had all of the ingredients for pumpkin pie spice! Right there, already paid for. Hey! I just saved $4.79!



2 tbsp Cinnamon
2 tsp Nutmeg
2 tsp Ginger
1.5 tsp All-spice

I just measured it in a small container, put the lid on, and shook it up. Thanks, Rubbermaid!


This recipe is as easy as pie! Pun intended. If you already have these four ingredients in your pantry, no need to buy pumpkin pie spice. Just mix it up yourself and enjoy all of the Fall goodness it brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...