Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Softies

It is Fall. It is cold here in Charlotte, NC. And I love pumpkin. A perfect excuse to bake Pumpkin Softies! Recipe courtesy of Hungry Girl.

I am not much of a baker, but when I got this recipe in my gmail inbox and happened to have all of the ingredients, I really couldn't resist... Now, I do not like raisins, but I decided to substitute with Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips for no change in points plus! (P.S. this is officially the longest that a bag of chocolate chips has ever lasted in my refrigerator)


Pumpkin Softies

1 cup canned pure pumpkin
1/4 cup brown sugar (not packed - I used Splenda Brown Sugar)
2 tbsp. granulated white sugar
2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
2 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (I made my own)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup raisins (not packed), chopped (this is where I substituted chopped up semi-sweet chocolate chips, mini's would have been great too!)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, brown sugar, white sugar, butter, egg substitute, and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly with a wire whisk or fork.

Add flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt, and thoroughly stir until smooth. Add oats and chopped raisins (make sure raisins don't stick together), and stir until evenly dispersed. Spoon batter onto the baking sheet in 8 evenly spaced mounds. Use the back of a spoon to spread and flatten batter into circles about 3 inches wide.

Bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a "softie" comes out clean, 12 - 15 minutes. Allow to cool and then enjoy!

Makes 8 softies. One softie per serving.

Nutrition facts: 126 calories, 2g fat, 93mg sodium, 25.5g carbs, 3g fiber, 11g sugars, 3g protein, 3 Points Plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So now that you've heard all of my thoughts, I want to hear yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...